Golden West College offers a lot of ways to get involved, stay connected, and make new friends.
Join a Club – It’s a great way to make new friends with similar interests. Currently GWC has an endless number of clubs to choose from, and if you don’t see one that interests you, start one!
Student Government- Our campus prides itself on the voice of our students. We extend numerous opportunities to involve yourself in the inner workings of the college, and be part of the solution to many important changes and decisions on our campus.
Athletic Events- Home to the GWC Rustlers, Golden West has captured more State Championships than any other California Community College since 1966. We offer sports in Water Polo, Swimming, Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Cross-Country and Track, Soccer and Football, with recognized alumni in major leagues and coaches with top honors.
Performing Arts- If you have always dreamed of performing or set/prop design, our theater and performing arts department it top notch. GWC alumni can be seen on stage, television, and movie screen worldwide. Some graduates hold careers in many capacities in companies such as Disney, MGM/Universal, and touring theater companies nationwide.
Get a student ID card
One of the main questions I get from incoming students is “Is it required to have a student ID card?” and the answer is no. However, one of the HUGE benefits of having one is to receive all of the perks on campus (and off) of being a college student.
- Some of the benefits to having a card are:
- Discounts tickets for movie and theme parks (available in the Student Activities Office)
- Easy access to Student Support Service areas on campus
- Discounts on Apple computers:
- Discounts at local establishments – check the vendor list on the Student Activities web page.
- General student discounts -Just ask if the places you visit give a “student discount” when you are out and about. More often than not the answer is a money-saving…YES!
Purchase a Student Activities sticker for your card for admission to events and free lunches during daytime activities.