Golden West College offers Priority Registration to all local high school seniors for Fall 2014 semester! In order to qualify for this, students must follow through with the SOAR process (instructions below). To find out if your school qualifies for SOAR please visit your high school career center.
* Please note that if you qualify for Disabled Student Programs & Services (504 Plan or IEP on file), please contact our DSP&S Department for further information at 714-895-8721. DSP&S students receive top priority registration, counseling and tutoring services, and testing accommodations. Must self-identify.
SOAR online application instructions for students
We are giving the opportunity to High School seniors participating in the SOAR program to submit an Admissions application online. The application filing period for Golden West College and/or Orange Coast College for Summer/Fall 2014 will open on Tuesday, February 18, 2014. You must wait until this date before filling out an online application to the either college. Concurrently enrolled High School students who may have previously applied to Golden West College or Orange Coast College for the spring 2014 semester must reapply as a first time student in college for Summer/Fall 2014. Please follow the instructions below for the online application:
1. Apply online at www.goldenwestcollege.edu. On the GWC homepage, click on “Apply for Admission” which is located on the left hand side under “GWC Quick Links”
2. After reading the information on the welcome page, scroll to the bottom and click on “Begin Application for Golden West College”
Note: If you are planning on attending Orange Coast College instead of Golden West College, follow step 2 above but select OCC instead of GWC.
3. New Users to the online application will need to create a new account. Those students who may have previously applied online to the Coast Community College District (OCC, Coastline or GWC) will log on using their previously established account information.
4. After logging in, select “Summer/Fall 2014” as the term you are applying for.
5. On the Education screen, select “first time student in college”
- On the online application, students must indicate their education level as “Received high school diploma from a U.S. school”
- Students must also indicate their High School completion date is before the start of the fall semester.
- The last page of the online application is the “supplemental” information page. On the supplemental page, it is very important that you answer the following question:
“As a High School senior, will you be participating in the Early Assessment program through your school? If yes, enter the program code you received from your school in the box”
- Enter SOAR14 in the box for the question shown above
Online applications may take up to 10 business days to process, at which point you will be emailed your Coast Community College District (CCCD) student ID number, a username and password to log in to your student portal. You will be required to give your High School Counselor your CCCD student ID number when you sign up for SOAR testing so make sure you remember it or put it in a safe place for reference.
Some Internet Service Providers filter mail from the Coast Community College District so please check your trash/spam folder if you don’t receive an email response within 5 business days of submitting your application. You can avoid this by adding GWCAdmissions@cccd.edu and GWCAdmissions@gwc.cccd.edu to your Friendly Approved Senders list. This is especially important if you use providers such as AOL, Yahoo, Earthlink, MSN, Gmail, Hotmail, or Roadrunner and/or you use spam filters.