Congratulations to all seniors out there counting down the days left until graduation – Your day is almost here. On behalf of Golden West College we wish you all the best and hope you are as excited for the next chapter of your lives as we are. With that in mind we’d like to take this opportunity to catch up on where students stand, and what to expect with regards to beginning their time at Golden West College (GWC).
At this point all students interested in attending GWC should have accomplished the following tasks:
- Submitted a completed Admissions Application for the Coast Community College District and for Golden West College
- Satisfy the online orientation component accessible via the student’s myGWC online portal
- Attempt the English/Math Assessment Test (unless exempted by alternative means)
- Filed a completed FAFSA application and/or BOG waiver
- Requested transcripts of all AP, or IB test results; if available
If all steps have been satisfied as listed above, the next portion will require a little patience until the Freshmen Priority Registration (FPR) workshop invitation is sent to the student via email. Students will be invited to attend a workshop on one of the follow dates – June 14, 15, or 16. Email invitations are already being sent out and phone reminders will be made the first week of June.
On that day students will be provided critical information regarding their academic goals and curriculum at Golden West, and they will be afforded the opportunity to access their student portal to officially register for their first semester courses. The waiting is hard, but soon…very soon students will begin the next chapter of the academic journey.
Questions? Try e-counseling at http://goldenwestcollege.edu/counseling/ecounseling.html, or call Counseling at 714-895-8799.
For more information Assessment-related topics, call us at 714-892-7711 x51080.