High school seniors, here are the simple ways you can earn the earliest possible registration appointment for your first semester of college. By completing the Enrollment steps (For HS students), you will qualify for Freshman Priority Registration.
- Apply to GWC online
- Complete online orientation
- Take the Assessment
- Get Student Ed Plan
Here are some tips for the application:
- Indicate your education level as “Earned a U.S. high school diploma”
- For your program of study, you can put undecided if you don’t know yet what you’ll major in.
- If you do not know your Social Security Number, it is okay to decline to enter it at this time. GWC Enrollment will then follow up with you to obtain additional information.
- DACA (Deferred Action Childhood Arrival) students should indicate their citizenship status as “Temporary Protected Status” and utilize the USCIS# on your US Employment Authorization Card.
- Be thorough in telling us what programs and services you are interested in!
After applying, you will receive an email from us within two business days with your GWC Student ID#, as well as your MyGWC username and password. You will use the ID# to sign up for the Assessment with your counselor or to test at GWC. You will log into MyGWC to do the online orientation.
The test is critical to your success! In fact, it impacts your graduation and transfer timeliness. With just a few hours of test prep, you can save yourself hundreds of dollars’ worth of tuition and book fees, and about 50 hours of studying for a class you might not need! Start with these sample exams to give you an idea of what to expect on test day.
When finished with steps 1-3, you will hear from us in the Spring regarding your next steps. We will invite you to come to GWC for the FPR workshops, where you will get your SEP (Step 4) and register for classes (Step 5) on the same day!
As always, you can contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Have a happy application!